Total Pageviews

Friday, January 6, 2012

Smooth Productions Interview with Actor Ronald "Ronn de voou" Haynie

Smooth Productions Interview with Actor Ronald "Ronn de voou" Haynie 


"DIAMOND EMERGING FROM THE ROUGH: Who IS Ronald Haynie?" By Tyrell L. Muir for Smooth Productions


  This holiday season, inside a packed yet wondrously communal neighborhood event for the celebration of Kwanzaa, my night was transformed. At this neighborhood networking extravaganza given on the night of the Ujamaa-Cooperative Economics principle, inside the basement of Harlem's Saint Mark's United Methodist Church, ten minutes from the event's closing, a young man from the street wandered in wearing military styled hip hop gear, complete with hoodie and baseball cap to the back.
   Quickly introduced as "Ronn de Voou" (pronounced rendezvous) by the emcee to the dismay of the audience, the man delivered verbatim the entire Nobel prize winning "I HAVE A DREAM" speech by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., with no paper in hand, no paper to read. He received a standing ovation, immediately mobbed by the event attendees. When the smoke cleared from the stunned awestruck crowd, I realized that Ronn de Voou IS Ronald Haynie, and finally I would receive my chance to meet and interview the mysterious orator.
Mr. Haynie, is an artist who I have heard of for many years, high crawling his way through the new renaissance of Harlem artistic circles, yet low crawling through trenches of the New York City underground movement, a diamond finally emerging from the rough. After a five year hosting stint of his own poetry show "Friday Nite Mic With Ronne", billed on the internet as a local actor, he is who he is: a neighborhood child actor, singing teen turned rapper, ex-serviceman becoming unpublished writer to emerging actor a second time in his adulthood. In the dawn of his phenomenal six character one man show "M.Body" returning to stage, as well as the re-mounting of Arnold Pinnix' "THE PEACEMAKER: The Life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr." inside the title role, Ronald Haynie-a member of Rev. Al Sharpton's National Action Network Arts and Culture Division-will soon be reciting "Tengo Un Sueno" (I Have A Dream in spanish) publicly. Finally, I have the opportunity to talk with, and find out just who IS Ronald Haynie.


1. You're a Motown Lover through it all so,who is your influence outside of Motown? My influences outside of Motown are Teddy Pendergrass and Barry White in R&B as well as Louis Armstrong and Billie Holliday. For other influences,I love all Hip-Hop.


2. With M.Body moving as successfully as it is and continuing to grow,what makes you motivated to do it? The fact that I'm able to teach history through the men of which I'm emboding and tie them all into one experience.


3. Who is Ronald Haynie? Ronald Haynie is an Actor,Writer and great big ole' Fantansizer. 


4. What are your hobbies? My hobbies are singing,writing,working on Playwrighting scripts,sightseeing on occasions,reading & going to the library.


5. You was at Occupy Wall Street on Columbus Day Rallying with the National Action Network contingent. Give us your feelings from that day being there & seeing what's going on there as the Movement goes along overall. 
I was proud to be at Occupy Wall Street with Rev. Al Sharpton as a member of the NAN while performing Martin Luther King's "I Have A Dream" speech. I felt like everyone became one on the same level where there are no racial barriers,financial barriers nor any indifferences in the process of understanding each other's plight. I saw that everyone were shouting the same message for a common goal.


6. Love is the message that always shines bright,so,what is your prospective view on love? Love is universal,a gift from the Creator,Love is you and you should spread it and share it. 


7. What is your inspiration for doing Acting? How does Acting continues to be the beacon of light throughout your own path in life? My inspiration for doing Acting is to move audiences deeply with abilities to do more for the Creator. I notice that it increases my abilities to pick on challenging diverse roles and intaking on taking on more Acting roles.


8. With projects that you're in and going along well,what's the one thing that keeps you moving? One thing that keeps me moving is Faith in the Almighty Creator.


9. As Actors,we tend to have our downfalls due to personal battles growing up and triumphantly be able to move forward. What do you say in regards to that? I got to a point that I realize I was born to be an Actor,Writer,Creative Artist and really don't care what people say & I'm that little boy who needs a crowd. 


10. Who was your favorite Actor & Actress growing up? Who is your favorite Actor & Actress now? My favorite Actors and Actresses growing up were Redd Foxx,Richard Pryor,Dustin Huffman,Robert Diniro,Cecile Tyson,Meryl Strep,Faye Dunaway & Diana Ross. My favorite Actors and Actresses now are Jamie Foxx,Will Smith,Leonardo DiCaprio,Eddie Murphy,Haile Berry,Angela Bassett & Drew Barrymore.


11. In family,it's many to choose to take examples from in life that goes a long way,so who in your family makes you keep going? My nieces are who makes me keep on moving.


12. Who was your favorite musician(s) growing up? Who is your favorite musician(s) now? My favorite musician(s) growing up: The Jackson 5,Salt & Peppa,Run DMC & James Brown. My favorite musician(s) now: Kanye West,NAS,50 Cent,Mary J. Blige,Alicia Keys & R. Kelly.


13. What gets Ronald Haynie emotional? What gets me emotional is unfair criticism,injustice and laziness.


14. If it had to be anyone to embody other than the men in M.Body,who would it be and why? I would love to embody Nat Turner because I want to understand his mind. I also would love to embody Sammy Davis Jr. because of the way he opened the doors of entertainment. Barry Gordy would be another in the longer version.


15. The success of Friday Nite Mic with Ron at 449LA SCAT in 5 years is a mover that everyone appreciates and can share their artistic talents. What is the thing about it that keeps you going in doing the show? What kept me going in doing the show is to bring the art together for all to express their talents and opinions.


16. Give us your personal take on the troops withdrawl from Iraq and coming home this season being that you're a military man through it all. My take is that I think it is good for them and their families as well as bulk up on training in case they're call back for duty moving forth.


17. Where did you get the nickname Ronn de voou from? The nickname Ronn de voou came from I'M Messenger & Mama D of Slower Vibrations in Harlem.


18. What is your favorite time of the year? My favorite of the year is Fall.


19. What would you love to do moving forward other than Acting? Other than Acting,publish my book of writings.


20. What is your favorite sport(s)? My favorite sport(s): Boxing,Baseball,Tennis


21. If at any point to play in a movie as Marcus Mosiah Garvey,how would you feel about it? I would feel awesome about the opportunity and work at the role very hard.


22. Where do you see yourself moving forward? I see myself as a World Reknown,well-rounded Entertainer and Published Author moving into bestselling mode.


23. What is your favorite movie(s)? My favorite movie(s): Lady Sings The Blue,The Exorcist,Cooley High,The Birds by Alfred Hitchcock,Ray,Ali & Titanic


24. What can you tell anyone who have been/are going through the struggles of making it in the industry? I tell them to put on your armor of faith,never give up and develop a tough skin.


25. How do you feel about the United States Government? I feel that the United States Government is open Liberal.


26. How do you feel about Martin Luther King Jr. overall? I feel that he is one of the greatest martyrs to ever life where he stood for change and had a fearless attitude in his era. 


27. What makes you so proud to be in Arnold Pinnis' "The Peacemaker-The Life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr." ? To portray the life of one of the greatest Civil Rights Martyrs of all time.


28. You do the "I Have A Dream" speech very well and you're going to do the speech in Spanish. How do you feel about doing it? I feel great about bridging gaps between the African American and Latin communities with the influence from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment